In a recent article Bishop Schneider has acknowledged the fears and the reality of what is to come – the ‘sexual anarchy’ which will be disguised as gender rights, and marriage equality. We fear for our children.
The insane laws are coming fast – here in this country, they have tried to bring in a programme of education to apply to schools called ‘Safe Schools”. It is meant to be an anti-bullying strategy – but of course it entailed things hidden from the eye. Fortunately Christian groups brought it to the public’s attention, and it has been amended somewhat. The good news is that it is optional, but a list was published and 2 schools that have taken it on are actually “catholic”.
Bishop Schneider has laid out a survival plan for Catholic parents who find themselves in a secular, relativistic, and hostile environment but who simply want to raise their children to become future citizens of heaven.
Bishop Schneider said that to survive in a heretical wasteland, Catholic parents must:
- See persecution as a grace from God for becoming purified and strengthened, not simply as something negative.
- Become rooted yourself in the Catholic faith through study of the Catechism.
- Protect your family’s integrity above all else.
- Catechize your children as your first duty.
- Pray with your children daily, such as litanies and the Rosary.
- Turn your home into a domestic church.
- In the absence of a priest and Sunday Mass, make spiritual communion.
- Withdraw your family from a parish spreading error and attend a faithful parish, even if you have to travel far.
- Withdraw your children from school if they are encountering immoral danger in sex-ed.
- If you cannot withdraw your children, establish a coalition of parents to fight for that right.
- Fight for parental rights using available democratic tools.
- Be prepared for persecution in protecting your children (see first point).
The bishop said that being a Catholic “family” in the truest sense of the word is the key to survival.