This might be difficult – especially for those who refuse the chip (or the ‘mark of the beast’ as it is named in Scripture). If we are part of the remnant, we will be on the outer of society.
We may not have access to our normal medications. Some things you can stock up on, but others you can’t get without a prescription, and (at least here in our country) you can’t fulfill prescriptions ahead of time and keep them in the cupboard. We have to start researching and planning now – to look for natural remedies or health store products that we can store.
Please don’t hesitate to share any ideas/ expertise you may have. You can contact us via the contact form on the menu bar.
Below is the advice from our “Raising Awareness” friend.
Special health needs
Do you or a family member have specific ailments? Asthma, allergies, etc. Assess the needs of those in your family and do your best to have what is needed for as long as possible. Renew prescriptions as soon as refills are available. Ask your doctor for prescription to cover more days to minimize dispenser fees.
Medications & First Aid
Each home should have a standard first-aid kit with the usual bandages and gauzes. What is needed beyond that will vary according to individuals and family. Answer the following and use your answers as a guide:
- Are you prone to illness?
- Do you need prescription medications?
- Is a member of the family prone to injuries?
- Consider what you have purchased medication for in the past 12 months.
- Are these illnesses that recur time after time, seasonally, or genetically?
Personal Hygiene and Toiletries
For this section, the needs will vary, yet the basics will be the same.
Here are checklist items for toiletries and personal hygiene:
- soaps to wash self and to wash clothing;
- toothpaste and toothbrushes;
- shaving cream and razor, if applicable;
- toilet paper, towels, and
- method and tools to wash clothing.
- Ladies may need feminine hygiene products.
- If using an outhouse, toilet paper rolls can be placed in empty coffee tins to keep them dry and spider-free.