This post is by courtesy of a Crusader, who presented this talk on Saturday 6th August at his local church.
Our Lady of Fatima’s requests:
At Fatima Our Blessed Mother outlined three requirements to obtain world peace and ward off the escalating disasters which would overwhelm mankind, and these include the utter destruction of several nations.
These three requests from heaven were:
- the daily praying of the Holy Rosary,
- the consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and,
- perhaps least known and its importance overlooked, the urgent need to make reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary with the Five First Saturdays.
Now, only the Pope in union with all the world’s bishops can make the consecration of Russia, naming this nation specifically. So far this has not taken place, but Jesus actually told Sister Lucy of Fatima, “It will happen but it will be late.”
There is nothing we can do about this particular request but pray for its fulfillment. However, we CAN make our contribution to obtaining world peace and mitigating the ongoing international turmoil by praying the Rosary every day, and making reparation for five identified blasphemies which offend God and cause sorrow to Our Mother’s Heart.
It was on December 10th, 1925, that the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to Sister Lucy in her convent cell and requested the Communion of Reparation of the Five First Saturdays:
“… announce in My name,” she said, “that I promise to assist at the moment of death, with the graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on the First Saturday of five consecutive months, shall confess, receive holy communion, recite five decades of the Rosary, and keep me company for fifteen minutes while meditating on the fifteen mysteries of the Rosary, with the intention of making reparation to me.”
In this apparition the Child Jesus accompanied the Blessed Virgin and pleaded for us to make reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Several weeks later, the following year, on February 15, the Child Jesus appeared again to Sister Lucy, repeating the plea that this special devotion be spread. When Lucy pointed out that many souls were already receiving Him in Holy Communion every First Saturday of each month in honour of Our Lady, this is what Jesus replied: “It is true… many souls begin, but few persevere to the very end, and those who persevere do it to receive the graces promised. The souls who make the Five First Saturdays with fervour to make reparation to the Heart of your Heavenly Mother, will please Me more than those who make fifteen, but who are lukewarm and indifferent.”
Lucy responded, “My Jesus! Many souls find it difficult to confess on Saturday. Will You allow a confession within eight days to be valid?’ And the Lord answered, “Yes. It can be made later on, provided that the souls are in a state of grace when they receive Me on the First Saturday, and that they have the intention of making Reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.” If they forget this intention, “They can form it at the next confession, taking advantage of their first opportunity to go to confession.”
The five consecutive First Saturdays are to be made in reparation for:
- Blasphemies committed against Mary’s Immaculate conception, making a mockery of the fact she was conceived without sin as Adam and Eve both were.
- For blasphemies committed against Mary’s Perpetual Virginity – and even some Christians scoff at this fact and claim she gave birth to other children, while others ridicule the miraculous birth of Our Saviour which preserved Our Lady’s virginity.
- For blasphemies committed against Mary’s divine maternity and spiritual motherhood – the rejection of her divinely appointed position as Mother of God and Mother to all of humanity.
- For offenses committed by those who dishonour Mary’s images and statues, those who desecrate and insult them, or treat them with contempt as idolatry.
- For those who publicly seek to sow in the hearts of children indifference or scorn, or even teach hatred of Mary, belittling her extraordinary role in God’s salvation plan.
These are the five transgressions we are asked to make reparation for: areas of faith infringed by more and more public abuse as the sense of the sacred vanishes from our society – and even within the Church.
The requirements in a nutshell
Just to repeat, then: during each of the five First Saturdays:-
- We make the special intention of repairing for one of these five offences.
- We go to Confession
- We receive Holy Communion
- We pray five decades of the Holy Rosary
- We spend 15 minutes in Our Lady’s company meditating upon the mysteries of the Rosary –if you need help with this, you can obtain these beautiful little Meditation Manuals from the Fatima Centre in Canada.
Blessed Jacinta of Fatima told Sister Lucy, “Do not be afraid to tell everyone about devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary…. God has entrusted the peace of the world to her.”